Georges Michel Wine Estate
LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE! – DON’T MISS OUT!
A taste of Marlborough region wines from New Zealand with this great selection of 3 wines; Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from the Georges Michel Wine Estate.
- 1 x 100 ml Golden Mile Sauvignon Blanc 2014 (White Wine)
- 1 x 100 ml Golden Mile Pinot Noir 2012 (Red Wine)
- 1 x 100 ml Golden Mile Chardonnay 2014 (White Wine)
Georges Michel established his Marlborough based winery in 1997 to focus on the production of top quality Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. His daughter Swan, the family winemaker since 2005, is continuing to pursue the exciting and proven winemaking potential of Marlborough and to endeavour to bring to the market wines of witch they are both proud to bear the family name.
Golden Mile Sauvignon Blanc 2014
A typical Marlborough Sauvignon, using grapes selected only from the Rapaura region, this wine showcases tropical fruit aromas of pineapple, passionfruit and grapefruit with subtle herbaceous flavours. The dry, lingering palate springs to life with zingy and zestful characteristics synonymous with the Marlborough region.
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Food and wine pairing: Cheeses, Seafood
Awards for this wine:
- Silver Medal – Sauvignon Concours Mondial, France, 2011
- Best in Class Silver Medal – International Wine & Spirit Competition 2010
- Silver Medal Sauvignon – Concours Mondial, France, 2010
- 89 Points – Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Wine Advocate Oct 2010
- Bronze Medal – International Aromatic Wine Competition, NZ, 2010
- 88 Points – 4 stars – Wine Orbit (Sam Kim)
Golden Mile Pinot Noir 2012
This 100% Pinot Noir was harvested as whole clusters. It was fermented with a selected burgundy yeast in open fermenters for over a week before being pressed off. The wine was matured for a further 8 months in French oak Barriques. An elegant wine with seductive spice and smoke aromas leading into a cascade of ripe red berry fruit flavours, forest floor characters and a hint of chocolate, encompassed by velvety smooth tannins.
Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Food and wine pairing: Strong aged cheeses, New York Steak, Coq au Vin
Awards for this wine:
- Silver Medal – San Francisco International Wine Competition 2010
- Gold Medal – Winewise Small Vigneron Awards, July 2007, Australia
- 90 Points – James Halliday, July 2008
- 87 Points – Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Wine Advocate Oct 2010
- Bronze Medal – Japan Wine Challenge 2007
- 4 Stars, 85 points – Wine Orbit, December 2007
Golden Mile Chardonnay 2014
Fermented in stainless steel tanks with refrigeration followed by nine months maturation in one and two year old French oak Barriques. This rich and seductive wine offers exciting essences of peaches and cream. A tropical palate of paw paw, pineapple and passion fruit are complemented by subtle influences of French oak, thus creating a memorable wine of distinction.
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Food and wine pairing: Grilled rack of Lamb, Seafood,Blue cheese, Desserts, Foie gras
About the Winery:
Georges Michel Wine Estate was established in 1997 and situated in the ‘Golden Mile’ which denotes the central route of the Rapaura road area, renowned for the production of the best flavored fruit of the Marlborough wine region.
The Vineyards, totaling 35 hectares, are 100% winery-owned and currently produce 250 tonnes of fruit annually. They are situated in two blocks, both on the Golden Mile, in the prime Marlborough Terroir. Our vineyards produce Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Syrah and Viognier. Since their very first release, Georges Michel’s wines have been awarded numerous national and international Awards including Top Gold Awards in the USA, Asia, Europe and Australia.
Today, Georges Michel wines are exported in 16 different countries and are found in some of the most prestigious restaurants wine lists and exclusive wines shops throughout the world.
Visit the Georges Michel Wine Estate website: GeorgesMichel.comSHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
|Dimensions||21.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 cm|